Banksia is an 8ply / DK weight hand dyed yarn blend of superwashed merino and hemp, that has a really lovely heathered look throughout due to the inclusion of the natural hemp fibres. The hemp fibres continue to soften the more the yarn is worked and results in a beautiful final fabric. This blend of superwashed merino and hemp is ideal for garments such as jumpers, sweaters, scarves, cowl and beanies. Banksia is also a popular choice for soft furnishings such as blankets, throws and rugs and also utilised in amigurumi style toys and keepsakes.
- Fibre: 70% Australia Super Washed Merino, 30% Hemp
- Yarn Weight: 8 ply (DK)
- Ball Weight: approx 96-98gm
- Ball Length: approx 230m
- Hook or Needle Size: 4.00m
- Gauge: 22sts to 10cm on 4mm needles.
- Brand: Blackwattle, Australia